MARCH 2, 2023
11 min read
Looking to create a fintech app that resonates with Gen Zers? Our team of fintech experts can help guide you through the process of building a user-friendly app that meets their unique needs and preferences. Whether you’re looking to create a new app or optimize an existing one, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you succeed.
Once upon a time, there was a group of Gen Zers who had just graduated from college and were starting their first jobs. They were excited to finally have a steady income, but they quickly realized that managing their finances was harder than they thought.
The traditional banks they were used to just didn’t feel like they were designed for them. They didn’t offer the convenience and transparency that Gen Zers value, and the fees and terms were often confusing and opaque.
Luckily, one of the Gen Zers stumbled upon a fintech app that seemed to understand their needs. The app offered quick and easy account setup, a personalized interface, and seamless integration with other apps and services. It also had a strong social media presence and engaged with users on platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
The Gen Zers were immediately hooked. They loved the app’s inclusivity and transparency, and the fact that it was designed with their generation in mind. They also appreciated the app’s gamification features, such as quizzes and challenges that rewarded them for good financial habits.
As they used the app more and more, the Gen Zers became loyal users and even started recommending it to their friends. They appreciated that the app was not only designed for them, but that it also reflected their values of inclusivity, transparency, and convenience.
This story illustrates the importance of understanding Gen Z values when designing fintech apps. Gen Zers are looking for digital tools that are tailored to their needs and preferences, and that align with their values of transparency, individuality, and community. Fintech companies that can deliver on these values have the potential to tap into a valuable and growing customer base.
Let us help you create a fintech app that appeals to this important demographic and drives success for your business, whether it’s a mobile wallet, investment app, or even an app like Revolut bank account.
Why is Gen Z so Valuable to Fintech Apps?
Gen Z, born between 1996 and 2010, is a generation that has grown up with technology as an integral part of their lives. They are digital natives and prefer to use digital tools for managing their finances. According to a Morning Consult survey, 62% of Gen Z respondents said they prefer to use digital tools for managing their finances, and solve other tasks including how to use Revolut.
Gen Z is also the most diverse generation to date, with unique perspectives and experiences that influence their financial behaviors. They value inclusivity and transparency, making them an attractive market for fintech companies that prioritize these values.
How Fintech Apps Can Acquire the Coveted Gen Z
To attract Gen Z, fintech companies must be strategic in their marketing and product development. One way to do this is by leveraging innovative solutions such as the Scout app. This can help fintech companies to create a user-friendly platform that aligns with Gen Z’s preferences. Here are some other ways fintech apps can acquire the coveted Gen Z:
- Understand Gen Z preferences: Gen Z prioritizes convenience and ease of use. Fintech apps must be user-friendly and offer quick, simple solutions for managing finances. They also value customization and personalization, so apps should offer tailored experiences that cater to their unique needs.
- Incorporate social media: Fintech companies should leverage the social media presence of Gen Z as they are highly active on these platforms. Creating content that resonates with fintech Gen Z and engaging with them through social channels is crucial for these companies.
- Emphasize transparency and inclusivity: Gen Z values transparency and inclusivity in their interactions with companies. Fintech apps should be transparent in their communication and fees, and actively work to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Offer rewards and incentives: Gen Z is more likely to use an app if it offers rewards and incentives. Fintech apps should provide incentives for using the app, such as cashback, discounts, or exclusive deals.
Four Fintech Products for Gen Z
By offering products that align with Gen Z’s financial goals and values, fintech companies can attract and retain a loyal customer base. Additionally, providing clear and easy-to-understand information on how to perform certain actions, such as including how to close a Revolut account, can help build trust and establish a positive reputation among this tech-savvy demographic.
Here are some examples of fintech products that are popular among this generation:
- Budgeting apps: Budgeting apps are a valuable tool for Gen Z, who are known for being financially responsible. These apps help users track their spending, set budgets, and save for their financial goals.
- Investment apps: Gen Z is interested in investing, but traditional investing can be intimidating. Investment apps make it easy for Gen Z to start investing with low minimum investments, easy-to-use interfaces, and educational resources.
- Mobile banking apps: Gen Z values convenience and accessibility, and mobile banking apps provide just that. These apps allow users to check their balances, transfer money, and pay bills on-the-go, all from their mobile device.
- Cryptocurrency apps: Gen Z is open to alternative forms of investing and is more likely to invest in cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency apps provide an easy and accessible way for Gen Z to buy, sell, and hold cryptocurrency.
Tips for Making Fintech More Gen Z-Friendly
Gen Zers want apps that are easy to use and understand. Avoid complex features that may overwhelm them.
Fintech apps that offer customization options are more appealing to Gen Zers, as they value individuality and want products that align with their unique tastes and preferences. Some examples of customization options include choosing a personal color scheme or selecting specific budgeting categories.
By offering these features, fintech apps can better attract and retain Gen Z users. And if you ever face any issues such as “Revolut not working”, our fintech experts can help you troubleshoot the problem and get customers back to using your fintech app without any hassle.
Provide social proof
Gen Zers are heavily influenced by the opinions and experiences of their peers. Fintech apps that incorporate social proof, such as user ratings and reviews, can help build trust and credibility among Gen Zers.
Fintech apps that offer convenience features are more likely to attract Gen Zers, who are used to having everything at their fingertips. Quick and easy account setup, one-click payments, and seamless integration with other apps and services are examples of features that can help make a fintech app more appealing to this demographic. The Super Savvy Circle is an example of a fintech product that offers easy setup and convenient features, making it a popular choice among Gen Z users.
Gen Zers are the first generation to have grown up with smartphones, and they rely heavily on mobile devices for everything from socializing to shopping. Fintech apps that are optimized for mobile devices and offer a seamless, intuitive user experience on both iOS and Android platforms are more likely to be successful with Gen Zers.
Focus on transparency
Fintech companies need to gain the trust of Gen Zers, who are skeptical of traditional financial institutions and expect transparency. Fintech apps that are upfront about their fees, data privacy policies, and terms and conditions are more likely to resonate with Gen Z users. What Revolut means is that they are more likely to use fintech apps that are open and honest about their practices.
Gen Zers grew up playing video games, and they enjoy competition and rewards. Fintech apps that incorporate gamification, such as reward points or badges for hitting savings goals, can make financial management more engaging and fun for Gen Z users.
By following these tips, fintech companies can create more Gen Z-friendly apps that appeal to the unique needs and preferences of this highly sought-after demographic.
Five Ways Fintech Apps Can Market to Gen Zers
To successfully market to the Gen Z demographic, it’s important to leverage various strategies. Targeting a highly tech-savvy and digitally connected group, with Gen Z fintech companies can create a strong social media presence to reach and engage with this audience. They can also offer referral programs to incentivize Gen Zers to refer their friends, incorporate gamification to make the user experience more engaging and fun, create communities or forums where users can connect, and use customer data to personalize the user experience.
Social media is a powerful tool for fintech apps to connect with Gen Zers. Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat are some of the most popular social media platforms among this demographic. Fintech apps can use these platforms to create engaging content and interact with users. For example, a fintech app that offers investment services could post educational videos on Instagram that explain different investment strategies or host a Q&A session on TikTok to answer user questions and help Gen Z win with their finances.
Fintech apps can also collaborate with social media influencers to reach Gen Zers. Influencers can share their experience using the app, showcase its features, and offer exclusive discounts to their followers.
Fintech companies can tap into the power of word-of-mouth marketing by offering referral programs. For example, a fintech app like Revolut could offer a $10 credit to both the referrer and the referred user. Referral programs can be promoted through a variety of channels, including social media, email campaigns, and the Recolut blog. By incentivizing Gen Zers to share the app with their friends, fintech companies can quickly and effectively acquire new users from this valuable demographic.
Gamification is a popular technique for making fintech apps more engaging and entertaining for Gen Zers. For example, a personal finance management app could incorporate a game, such as “Spend Bill Gates Money”, to teach users about budgeting and financial planning. By making the user experience more fun and interactive, gamification can help increase user engagement and loyalty.
Fintech apps can use community building to create a sense of belonging and encourage collaboration among Gen Z users. Online forums or groups can be created where users can share their experiences, offer feedback, and ask questions. For instance, a fintech app that offers budgeting tools could create a community of users who share their budgeting tips, challenges, and success stories.
Personalization is key to attracting and retaining Gen Z users. Fintech apps can use customer data to offer personalized products and services. For example, a fintech app that offers event planning services could use data such as location and interests to provide personalized event recommendations. This type of personalization not only helps Gen Z users find events they’re interested in attending, but also creates a sense of community by showing who’s going to the event, too.
In conclusion, to effectively market fintech apps to Gen Zers, businesses should leverage social media, referral programs, gamification, community building, and personalization. These strategies can help fintech apps stand out in a crowded market and attract a valuable and growing demographic.
As investing for Gen Z becomes more prevalent, fintech apps have an opportunity to capture this market by offering products and experiences that meet their unique needs. Understanding Gen Zers’ preferences and behaviors is crucial for fintech app success. To tap into this valuable and growing customer base, fintech apps must create tailored products and use strategies like social media, gamification, referral programs, community building, and personalization. As the fintech industry continues to evolve, it will be fascinating to see how fintech apps adapt and innovate to meet the needs of this important demographic.
Are you looking to launch your own fintech app and want to learn more about how to appeal to Gen Zers? Our fintech experts can help guide you through the process of creating a Gen Z-friendly app that meets their unique needs and preferences. Book a meeting with our team today to discuss how we can help you create a fintech app that appeals to this important demographic and drives success for your business. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to tap into this valuable and growing customer base
What do Gen Z look for in an app?
Gen Z is a generation that has grown up with technology and expects seamless digital experiences. Here are some key features and characteristics that Gen Zers look for in fintech apps:
- Simplicity and ease of use: Gen Zers prefer apps that are easy to use and navigate. Fintech apps that have a clean and simple interface are more likely to be used and recommended by this demographic.
- Speed and responsiveness: Gen Zers expect fast and responsive apps that can keep up with their fast-paced lifestyles. Slow or glitchy apps will quickly lose the interest of Gen Zers.
- Personalization: As mentioned earlier, Gen Zers expect personalized experiences from the apps they use. Fintech apps that use customer data to offer personalized products and services will be more appealing to this demographic.
- Security and privacy: Gen Zers are more concerned about privacy and security than any other generation. Fintech apps that prioritize security and offer robust privacy settings will gain the trust and loyalty of Gen Zers.
- Social responsibility: Gen Zers are socially conscious and expect the companies they support to be responsible and ethical. Fintech apps that demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility will be more attractive to this demographic.
Which type of security is needed for Fintech apps?
Apps that target Gen Z, who are known for being tech-savvy but also security-conscious. Here are some security measures that fintech apps should consider implementing:
- Two-factor authentication: This is a simple and effective way to add an extra layer of security. With two-factor authentication, users need to provide two forms of identification to access their account. This could be a password and a fingerprint or a password and a one-time code sent to their phone.
- End-to-end encryption: This type of encryption ensures that data is secure as it is transmitted between devices. This is important for any app that deals with sensitive financial information.
- Biometric authentication: Using biometrics, such as fingerprints or facial recognition, is a secure way to authenticate users. This is becoming increasingly popular in fintech apps, and Gen Z is likely to appreciate this type of security.
- Fraud detection: Fintech apps should implement fraud detection measures to protect their users from unauthorized transactions. This could include monitoring for unusual account activity or using machine learning algorithms to detect and prevent fraud.
- Regular security audits: Fintech apps should conduct regular security audits to identify any vulnerabilities in their system. This is important to ensure that the app is always up-to-date and secure.
Get updates from experts in the field